By David Berube
Practical Ruby Gems is a finished consultant to using and developing Ruby Gems—ready-made Ruby code modules that may be simply extra to Ruby and Rails tasks. This publication is perfect for Ruby programmers in addition to internet builders who use Rails and need to increase the performance in their projects.
You'll get a chief choice of 34 of the easiest and most precious gemstones, which makes up the middle of this publication. every one of those additionally comes entire with genuine use circumstances and code examples for you to use instantly on your personal projects.
Table of Contents
* what's RubyGems?
* fitting RubyGems
* utilizing RubyGems on your Code
* coping with put in Gem types
* information entry with the ActiveRecord Gem
* effortless textual content Markup with the BlueCloth Gem
* growing net functions with camping out
* growing Command-Line Utilities with cmdparse
* HTML Templating with erubis
* Parsing Feeds with feedtools
* growing Graphical person Interfaces with fxruby
* Retrieving inventory charges with YahooFinance
* Parsing HTML with hpricot
* Writing HTML as Ruby with Markaby
* Parsing CSV with fastercsv
* a number of Dispatch with multi
* Serving internet functions with mongrel
* moving documents Securely with net-sftp
* Executing instructions on distant Servers with net-ssh
* Validating charge cards with creditcard
* Writing PDFs with pdf-writer
* dealing with routine occasions with runt
* development web pages with Rails
* Automating improvement projects with rake
* Manipulating pictures with RMagick
* dashing Up internet purposes with memcache-client
* coping with Zip records with rubyzip
* dashing Up functionality Calls with memoize
* Tagging MP3 documents with id3lib-ruby
* Shortening URLs with shorturl
* developing Standalone Ruby functions with rubyscript2exe
* cleansing soiled HTML with tidy
* Parsing XML with xml-simple
* developing Our personal gemstones
* dispensing gem stones
include a greater and named bookmark. unique dossier in simple terms comprise a numered bankruptcy. the total textual content are unmodified.
Read Online or Download Practical Ruby Gems PDF
Best programming books
Useful Ruby gemstones is a complete consultant to using and growing Ruby Gems—ready-made Ruby code modules that may be simply further to Ruby and Rails initiatives. This publication is perfect for Ruby programmers in addition to internet builders who use Rails and need to increase the performance in their initiatives.
Decompiling Android appears to be like on the explanation why Android apps will be decompiled to get well their resource code, what it capacity to Android builders and the way you could guard your code from prying eyes. this is often additionally that allows you to see how reliable and undesirable Android apps are built and the way to profit from them in construction your individual apps.
this can be turning into an more and more very important subject because the Android industry grows and builders are unwittingly freeing the apps with plenty of again doorways permitting humans to very likely receive bank card info and database logins to back-end structures, as they don’t discover how effortless it's to decompile their Android code.
* intensive exam of the Java and Android type dossier constructions
* instruments and methods for decompiling Android apps
* instruments and strategies for shielding your Android apps
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * how you can obtain an Android app and decompile it into its unique Java resource and HTML5 and CSS code
* the right way to safeguard your Android apps in order that others can't decompile it
* to spot capability security threats that at the moment exist and the way to prevent them
* What instruments can be found to decompile and guard Android apps
* The constitution of a Java Classfile and an Android classfile
* How the normal JVM and the Dalvik JVM range
* tips on how to create your personal Android decompiler and obfuscator
<h3>Who this booklet is for</h3>
This booklet is for Android builders and their managers. It's additionally for hackers and hobbyist forms who desire to see how Android apps are built as a way of studying find out how to construct Android apps.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3><ol> * Laying the foundation
* Ghost within the Machine
* contained in the DEX dossier
* instruments of the alternate
* Decompiler layout
* Decompiler Implementation
* Case experiences
This booklet constitutes the refereed court cases of the 3rd foreign Workshop on quick software program Encryption; this workshop was once held along with this system on machine safety, cryptology, and coding conception on the Isaac Newton Institute in Cambridge, united kingdom in February 1996. The 18 revised papers offered have been conscientiously chosen for inclusion within the quantity through this system committee.
Universal programming is set making courses extra adaptable through making them extra normal. favourite courses usually embrace non-traditional sorts of polymorphism; traditional courses are got from them via certainly instantiating their parameters. against this with basic courses, the parameters of a prevalent application are usually relatively wealthy in constitution; for instance, they're different courses, forms or kind constructors, type hierarchies, or perhaps programming paradigms.
- Vibration of Mindlin Plates. Programming the p-Version Ritz Method
- Rails Recipes: Rails 3 Edition
- Make a 2D RPG in a Weekend: With RPG Maker VX Ace
- Fonts & Encodings: From Unicode to Advanced Typography and Everything in Between
Additional resources for Practical Ruby Gems
The HTML is then printed to the screen using puts. txt. Listing 6-2. txt #Why you should use Ruby.
However, if you are writing a program that isn’t packaged in a gem and you need a particular version for it, you may need to install an older gem version. If you’d like to install an older gem version manually, you can use the gem install command with the -v option to manually tell RubyGems which version you’d like to install. 5... 5... 0" cmdparse' Technically the double quotes aren’t necessary with the gem command, but without them your shell or command prompt will think it’s an I/O redirection.
Listing 6-2. txt #Why you should use Ruby.