By Patricia Frye Walker MD DTM&H, Elizabeth Day Barnett MD
Immigrant medication is the 1st complete consultant to taking good care of immigrant and refugee sufferer populations. Edited via of the best-known participants to the starting to be canon of data approximately immigrant drugs, and written via a geographically diversified number of specialists, this e-book synthesizes the main sensible and clinically proper details and provides it in an easy-to-access structure. a useful source for front-line clinicians and different healthcare execs, public well-being officers, and coverage makers, Immigrant drugs is destined to develop into the benchmark reference during this rising field.
- Features professional tips on information assortment, felony, interpretive and social adjustment concerns, in addition to top practices in taking care of immigrants that will help you hopefully deal with all features of immigrant medicine.
- Includes certain discussions on significant melancholy, submit irritating pressure sickness, and matters concerning torture so that you can successfully diagnose and deal with universal psychiatric issues.
- Covers foreign and new-arrival screening and immunizations delivering you helpful advice.
- Presents a templated diseases/disorders part with discussions on tuberculosis, hepatitis B, and customary parasites that is helping you simply deal with the illnesses and syndromes you are going to encounter.
- Provides boxed positive aspects and tables, differential diagnoses, and therapy algorithms that will help you take up details at a glance.
- Includes a CD containing multi-lingual future health schooling sheets and hyperlinks to additional multi-lingual assets so that you can simply train your sufferers.
Read or Download Immigrant Medicine PDF
Similar viral books
Offers clinical scholars 500 questions, solutions, and factors to arrange for the microbiology portion of the USMLE Step 1. the recent version comprises many new questions within the two-step scientific structure to simulate the USMLE Step 1.
This publication has been created for sufferers who've made up our minds to make schooling and learn an essential component of the remedy approach. even though it additionally offers info invaluable to medical professionals, caregivers and different health and wellbeing execs, it tells sufferers the place and the way to appear for info masking nearly all subject matters on the topic of syphilis (also overdue syphilis; Lues; Lues, obtained; basic syphilis; Secondary syphilis; Syphilitic stroke), from the necessities to the main complicated parts of study.
Responding to the transforming into obstacle concerning the elevated frequency and resistance of MRSA infections, this priceless resource analyzes the newest advancements within the identity, overview, and administration of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) via best professionals at the subject.
This can be a 3-in-1 reference booklet. It provides an entire clinical dictionary masking 1000s of phrases and expressions in terms of Epstein Barr virus. It additionally provides wide lists of bibliographic citations. eventually, it offers details to clients on the right way to replace their wisdom utilizing quite a few net assets.
- An Introduction to Mathematical Epidemiology
- Advancing Prion Science: Guidance for the National Prion Research Program
- Gene Therapy for Viral Infections
- Plant virology protocols: from virus isolation to transgenic resistance
Additional info for Immigrant Medicine
US Department of Health and Human Services. Foreignborn populations in the US: HIV/AIDS. Reports and Statistics; September, 2003. 16. Braver E. Race, Hispanic origin, and socioeconomic status in relation to motor vehicle occupant death rates and risk factors among adults. Acc Anal Prev 2003; 35(3):295–309. 17. Lara M, Gamboa C, Kahramanian MI, et al. Acculturation and Latino health in the United States: A review of the literature and the sociopolitical context. Ann Rev Public Health 2005; 26:367–397.
23. LaVeist T. Race, Ethnicity, and health: a public health Reader. New York: Jossey-Bass; 2002. 24. Rumbaut R. Paradoxes of assimilation. Sociological Perspectives 1997; 40(3):483–511. 25. Peak C, Weeks J. Does community context inﬂuence reproductive outcomes of Mexican-origin women in San Diego, California? J Immigrant Health 2002; 4:3. 26. Hernandez DaEC. From generation to generation: the health and well-being of children in immigrant families. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 1998. 27.
6 Diverse workforce: what you can do If you are a policy maker, you can: Develop funding sources and programs to encourage immigrant students to pursue healthcare careers. Develop innovative programs to take advantage of fully trained and competent foreign-trained health providers. If you are a healthcare administrator, you can: Hire immigrant and minority physicians and nurses. Set institutional goals for minority and immigrant recruitment. Institute mentoring and apprentice programs to allow immigrant providers to help with patient care.