By Magdi S. Mahmoud
In fresh years, regulate structures became extra subtle that allows you to meet elevated functionality and protection requisites for contemporary technological platforms. Engineers have gotten extra acutely aware that traditional suggestions keep watch over layout for a posh method may end up in unsatisfactory functionality, or perhaps instability, within the occasion of malfunctions in actuators, sensors or different approach parts. with the intention to stay clear of such weaknesses, new methods to regulate method layout have emerged that could tolerate part malfunctions whereas keeping applicable balance and function. all these keep watch over platforms are usually often called fault-tolerant keep an eye on platforms (FTCS). extra accurately, FTCS are keep an eye on structures which own the facility to deal with part failure automatically.
Analysis and Synthesis of Fault-Tolerant keep an eye on Systems comprehensively covers the research and synthesis tools of fault tolerant regulate structures. It unifies the equipment for constructing controllers and filters for a large type of dynamical structures and reviews at the fresh technical advances in layout methodologies. MATLAB® is used during the e-book, to illustrate tools of study and design.
• presents complex theoretical equipment and ordinary sensible applications
• offers entry to a spectrum of regulate layout tools utilized to commercial systems
• contains case stories and illustrative examples
• comprises end-of-chapter problems
Analysis and Synthesis of Fault-Tolerant regulate Systems is a accomplished reference for researchers and practitioners operating during this region, and can be a useful resource of knowledge for graduates and senior undergraduates on top of things, mechanical, aerospace, electric and mechatronics engineering departments.
Read or Download Analysis and synthesis of fault-tolerant control systems PDF
Similar robotics & automation books
The hard disk is without doubt one of the best examples of the precision regulate of mechatronics, with tolerances below one micrometer accomplished whereas working at excessive velocity. expanding call for for larger facts density in addition to disturbance-prone working environments proceed to check designers mettle.
In a well timed subject, arrived a couple of week after i ordered it and the booklet is in stable conition.
LEGO Mindstorms NXT is the preferred robotic out there. James Kelly is the writer of the most well-liked web publication on NXT (http://thenxtstep. blogspot. com/) with over 30,000 hits a month. The NXT-G visible programming language for the NXT robotic is totally new and there are at the moment no books on hand at the topic.
Das Werk gibt eine ausführliche Einführung in die Identifikation linearer und nichtlinearer Ein- und Mehrgrößensysteme. Es werden zahlreiche Identifikationsverfahren vorgestellt, mit denen aus gemessenen Ein- und Ausgangssignalen ein mathematisches Modell zur Beschreibung des Systemverhaltens ermittelt werden kann.
- The Path to Autonomous Robots: Essays in Honor of George A. Bekey
- Automating with SIMATIC S7-300 inside TIA Portal: Configuring, Programming and Testing with STEP 7 Professional
- Electricity 4: AC/DC Motors, Controls, and Maintenance
- Computational Methods for Controller Design
- Modeling and Control for Efficient Bipedal Walking Robots: A Port-Based Approach
Additional resources for Analysis and synthesis of fault-tolerant control systems
34) ˆ where x(k) ∈ n and yˆ (k) ∈ p represent the state and output estimation vectors, respectively, and r (k) is the residual signal. The design parameters of a robust fault detection filter (RFDF) are the observer gain matrix H and the residual weighting matrix V. In order to describe the ˆ dynamics of RFDF, we first consider the filtering error e(k) = x(k) − x(k) and the residual signal r (k). 36) Note that the dynamics of the residual signal depends not only on f (k), d(k) and u(k), but also on the state x(k).
Although this conventional method provides high fusion accuracy to the estimation problem, the large number of states may require high processing data rates that cannot be maintained in practical real-time applications. Another disadvantage of this method is the lack of robustness in the case of failure in a sensor or the central filter itself. For these reasons, parallel structures can often provide improved failure detection and correction, enhanced redundancy management, and decreased costs for multi-sensor system integration.
Chapter 10 is devoted to applications of fault-tolerant systems. • Appendix A contains some relevant mathematical lemmas and basic algebraic inequalities that are used throughout the book. Several illustrative numerical examples are provided within the individual chapters. 8 Notes This book covers a wide spectrum of analysis and design tools for fault-tolerant control (FTC) in dynamical systems. The analytical tools developed in this volume are supplemented with rigorous proofs of closed-loop stability properties and simulation studies.